Re: dashboard panel

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dashboard panel
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 15:19:48 -0500
Robert Zee wrote:

> Has anyone tried to change the dashboard lights, I tried
> to remove the  dashboard panel, but the harnesses that
> connect the gauges don't leave any  room to pull the panel
> out any further from the dashboard. While I attempted
> this I must have disconnected the speedometer cable. I
> figured it's not the  main issue at hand right now to
> connect it back!

Bob,

Have you read the article I wrote about removing the dash,
that is on our web page?
(http://www.bricklin.org/TechCentral/TCArticle005.htm)

I have removed the dashboard lights, but I must admit that I
did have the inst. cluster out of the dash at the time.  It
really isn't hard to remove the inst. cluster.  Sounds like
you are most of the way there.  Simply disconnect the the
electrical connectors,  and lift the inst. cluster out.  Now
you can easily remove the lights.  You'll have to disconnect
the wires going to the lights and then push the light out
through the front of the inst. cluster.  Push the new lamps
in connect the wires, replace the inst. cluster and you're
done.

Hope this helps