Re: pre-requisite to body removal

To: jblair@exis.net
Subject: Re: pre-requisite to body removal
From: "Steve Owens" <go2toa@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 00:40:12 +0000
JB,
I took a flashlight and examined the block for screws.  So far, I only see
one bolt going through the center.  I'll unfasten that and see what happens.

Sometime this week, I'll be lifting the body and keeping an eye out for
straps.

This specimen was not somebody's baby; the more I take it apart, the more
confirmation I have that only a complete restoration is appropriate (one
clamp even disintegrated as I removed it from a fuel line!).  Hope someday
#199 will be roadworthy again.

If anyone has experience with this company (applicable to '74)

http://www.classicone.com/wsc/catalog/amc/amc_per1.htm

, I'd be happy to talk to them too.

As a heads up to the club, it seems Eastwood stopped promoting anti-rust
paint called "Corroless" and has a replacement called "Rust Encapsulator".
Haven't tried either one yet, but will be needing something soon.

Thanks again,
SO