Re: Bricklin Fires

Subject: Re: Bricklin Fires
From: Tag Atkinson <senseitag@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:32:03 -0600
I tried sending this once before, so if you get it twice, sorry.

My father owned a Bricklin in the late '80s that cought fire and was
completely destroyed by it.  The fire marshalls report was that the fire
began around the battery box from a short circuit.  To this day my father
does not believe this report as the Alpine stereo that was in the car was
obviously missing.  He believes that in the process of stealing the stereo,
someone shorted something out, causing the fire.

Dont really know which of the two stories is the real one, but the car did
burn up.  I dont remember which VIN number he had either.

Hope this helps.
Tag