Re: Front suspension squeak

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front suspension squeak
From: "Mitwelt" <mitwelt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 21:47:46 -0400
Seth,
    A word of caution about urethane bushings, not that graphite impregnated
are really much better.  This is a very rudimentary suspension and chassis
and I actually believe rubber will be a little more forgiving if any degree
of comfort or give is desired.  Although solid, the frame is not new metal,
and putting through excess fatigue may not be wise.  You can gain so much
more better tires.  If you are that serious, then certain Yokohamas,
hard-to-find Fuldas, and even some Mich will get you there much better.
    Speaking of comfort, squeak, squeak, squeak, if you stick to using
urethane then invest in a tube of NEOSYNTHETIC watercraft grease.  This
stuff is the most impervious, tenacious, and expensive stuff around, but
there is no comparison with other synthetics.  You can put a torch on it, a
hose on it, or whatever, it won't budge.  I've never seen anything else like
it and I've been on the synthetic bandwagon since the beginning.  If you get
it on your hands, be prepared for lots of cleaning.

stephan #2821