Re: Hood Seal?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hood Seal?
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 13:20:56 -0400
I removed my hood seal years ago, but there was no noticeable difference in
temperature.

My understanding is that removing the seal helps a little at low speed because
it provides another route for air to exit the engine compartment. At highway
speed, it actually hurts because differential pressure due to airflow patterns
actually cause air to enter, rather than exit, the engine compartment through
that opening. Most cars have their ventilation openings at the base of the
windshield because that is a high pressure area.

Scott Isensee