Re: battery holddown

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: battery holddown
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 09:16:51 EDT
In a message dated 8/1/2002 10:48:23 PM Central Daylight Time, Maycinc@cs.com
writes:

> How is the battery held down in a Bricklin?   I noticed that there are small
>
> square metal plates on the front and back of the box with holes in the
> middle.  I assume that some sort of holddown is supposed to go between
> these.
> If so, what does it look like and where can I get one?  Or, is there some
> sort of aftermarket holddown that I can get.

The battery holddown is two rods. The first comes across the top of the
battery. It hooks into the metal plate you noticed at the back of the battery
compartment then runs across the top of the battery between the filler holes
and has a loop at the end. The second hooks near the bottom of the battery
compartment and runs straight up. It has a threaded end that goes through the
loop in the first rod. A washer and nut on the threaded rod hold it together.

I don't know where you can get one. You can try calling one of the Bricklin
parts vendors. It shouldn't be hard to fabricate something that will work
from one of the universal battery holddowns available at any parts store.

Scott Isensee