Carpet and rear panels

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Carpet and rear panels
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:57:01 EST
I finally got the carpeting put into ol' 1343.  The front foot wells were a
real trial and error as I couldn't get Terry's carpeting to fit without
wrinkles.   I ended up making a couple of extra cuts.  It would have been a
whole lot easier if the dash was out.

Now I'm trying to put in the rear interior panels.  I put 3/8 in padding
under the carpeting and now I can't seem to get the side panels to fit
because of the padding.  Any ideas other than cutting the padding under the
panels?

Also, what holds the panels in place?  I only see 2 screw holes in the front
and 2 by the rear hatch support.  That doesn't seem like enough to me.

Marvin