The 2001 DeLorean/Bricklin West Coast Celebration

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: The 2001 DeLorean/Bricklin West Coast Celebration
From: "NCDMC" <kenm@ncdmc.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 22:50:56 -0700
This is a reminder to everyone (in case you missed it on the cover of the
latest 'Brickline') of the 2001 DeLorean/Bricklin West Coast Celebration, on
September 20 - 23, San Ramon, California.

The Northern California DeLorean Motor Club, Bricklin International, and the
California Bricklin Owners are proud to announce a new fall
DeLorean/Bricklin Car Show in the San Francisco Bay  Area. Come join
DeLorean and Bricklin owners from all over the West for 3 plus days of fun
and great cars.

See our website at http://www.ncdmc.org for more information, Downloadable
Registration Forms,  On-Line Registration and Updated Information

     Our home base for the show is the San Ramon Marriott. San Ramon,
California is approximately 25 miles east of the city of Oakland in the San
Francisco Bay Area. The San Ramon Valley has long been considered one of the
most desirable areas in the Bay Area because of its scenic beauty, good
climate, suburban charm, and proximity to the Bay Area's major business
centers.

     Thursday night kicks off our weekend with a welcome reception and an
opportunity to re-acquaint yourself with old friends and make new ones. We
plan to keep a hospitality room available throughout the event. This will
give owners a place to meet at any time they wish.

       Friday morning we will caravan from the hotel to Livermore Valley for
a tour of the Wente Vineyards Winery and to have lunch. Our driving route
will take us through the backroads and scenic locations of the area.

      Our Friday night banquet is at the prestigious Blackhawk Auto Museum,
an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution. Admission to the Banquet
includes touring the museum and admission to the Smithsonian RMS Titanic
Exhibit. Special guests and speakers for the evening are to be announced.
Raffles with special prizes will be held each night.

Also joining us for Friday is the Mercedes 300sl Gullwing club. This will
provide us an opportunity to display a 3 production gullwing cars in front
of the Blackhawk Museum. This will be an excellent photo op!

     Saturday is our car show at the Marriott. We will have several levels
of
judging. There will also be tech seminars for both cars, a dealers room
featuring DeLorean and Bricklin merchandise and collectables, along with
displays and more.

     Saturday night we'll have our awards banquet at the Marriott with
trophies for the Show's award-winning entries. There will be raffle prizes
for both banquets.

     On Sunday we caravan to Alameda and place our cars on the dock next to
the USS Hornet for a tour and lunch. The USS Hornet was the aircraft carrier
that brought home the Apollo 11 astronauts after the first manned landing on
the moon.

     Joining us is Bricklin International and the California Bricklin Owners
club. This combined event will familiarize us with the unique qualities of
each other's cars and allows us to use our combined numbers to further the
quality of the event.

    This will be a great driving event for people on or close to the West
Coast, and the Show, combined with the many interesting opportunities this
region of California offers, makes this a worthwhile event for those who fly
in from around the country.

     Rooms are available at the Marriott (925) 867-9200. Make sure to
mention the DeLorean/Bricklin Car Show to get the $74 convention rate.
Please make your hotel reservations as soon as possible to help us prepare
properly for your arrival.

Again, web locations for more information are:

The San Ramon Marriott:
http://www.marriotthotels.com/dpp/PropertyPage.asp?MarshaCode=OAKSR

Wente Vineyards:
http://www.wentevineyards.com/

The BlackHawk Auto Museum:
http://www.blackhawkmuseum.org/

The USS Hornet:
http://www.uss-hornet.org/

And the event website:
http://www.ncdmc.org

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Ken