Re: motor mounts

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: motor mounts
From: "Ryan Rodgers" <bricklin_2568@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 21:28:31 -0500
  Hey,

   that would be me, anyway I never actually found what was making that
sound, we think it may have been spark knock, or it could have been
pre-ignition because carbon was all over the top of a few pistons.  But your
sounds different. when you hit the gas its gone. mine happened when I got up
to speed at about 2000 rpm.  the way to check is to get under the car in a
pit or up on a rack and pry on the motor mounts to see if they are broke.
just be sure you don't break them when your checking them.  If they are
broke I can tell you an easy way to fix them if they are broke the way mine
was.  but I'm not too sure why your engine would knock in idle and not while
driving.  Does the car run good going down the road?  does it run smooth in
park?  if it runs ok I would say it may be a motor mount, a broken motor
mount could cause a lot a different things with different car and engines.
Tell me what you find out.

                                                               Ryan #2568