Bricklin Runs Hot

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Bricklin Runs Hot
From: " Robert Daley" <robertdaley@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 9:31:46 -0400
I have several Bricklins, but drive only one regularly. That car (#1065)
has trouble keeping itself cool. When I drive it at freeway speeds and then
slow
down on city streets, the temperature creeps up almost to the red range, and
the
engine is rough at idle. Also if I use the car in the city for 10 or 15
minutes,
turn it off, then start it up again, it goes hot again. It will always comes
back down if I can drive steadily at 30MPH or so (without having to stop for
traffic or traffic lights). The coolant is good, the fan is good, the
thermostat
and housing are new. Also it is clear that coolant is circulating.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bob Daley

---

--- robertdaley@earthlink.net