RE: while we're on the subject of tires...

To: "'Seth'" <sbunin@provide.net>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: while we're on the subject of tires...
From: "Mike DeLuca" <mdeluca@comtechpst.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:05:37 -0400
Ok I think I have the answer for this one.
Start with the eagle mag cleaner (the one with the green tag on the label
should be in the archives).
 I almost hate to post this one because it really work almost too good and
it was my secret up until now but we are all here to help each other so here
it is.

The trick to cleaning out the spoke area is this.

Take a piece of 1/4 " round stock about 4" long and cut a slit in it about 1
to 1 1/2 " with a hack saw. Place this in a vsr drill with the grooved end
out, you take a piece of steel wool thread one end in the  groove you cut
(use the slow speed) wind the steel wool onto the round stock.

You now have a cleaning/ polishing tool for your Bricklin mages.

Be careful wear gloves and eye protection.

Use a slow speed on the drill.

Do not attempt to do this with a die grinder because it is way too fast, it
is dangerous and can do damage in a second (don't ask me how I know that).

Not only will this clean the mages but depending on the steel wool you use,
you can polish the inaccessible spoke area.

Use this technique in conjunction with the eagle mag cleaner, you will be
amazed at the results.
It still takes a lot of time but it is easy to do.

I can't over emphasize that you must be careful! use common sense! and use a
light touch!
You can get hurt or do damage very easily and if you attempt to try this you
do so at your own risk.

Good Luck and be careful and let me know how it works.

Regards,

Mike D.
NY