Re: ignition module

To: Bricklin Group <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ignition module
From: Richard Hayes <rickandsue19@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 18:11:00 -0500
That confuses it even more. The module I have is a Wells F102 but it has a blue
grommet and not a green one as John has said it needs, it had a 2 and a 4 wire
harness but the manual said the 3rd blue wire was not needed .Bottom line is it
didn't work  so I  took it back and they refunded my money. But I still would
like a replacement.Maybe wells makes a F102 with a green grommet?

Thanks for your imput and time in this matter.
Rick Hayes
vin#782
www.drive.to/ricksbrick

Maycinc@cs.com wrote:

> The correct module is a Wells F-102.  I has a 2 wire and 4 wire plug.
> According to Terry Tanner, nobody makes a 3 wire module.  My old harness had
> a 3 wire but it needed to be replaced so I got one from Terry.  His harness
> has a 2 wire plug.  According to the wiring diagram in my shop manual, the
> blue wire connects to a brown wire that goes to the starter solenoid.  You
> might give Terry a call on this he might be able to tell you how to rewire
> your harness.  If I remember right, someone said that the 3 wire harness with
> work with the 2 wire plug.
>
> Marvin
>
> In a message dated 2/2/2001 9:34:02 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> rickandsue19@sympatico.ca writes:
>
> << ohn:
>  I sure wish I had written before I purchased the module. I remember the
>  salesperson was toying with the idea it was the same as the ford truck..Well
>  will check the gromett tomorrow and I'll let you know how I make out I sure
> do
>  appreciate your answer live and learn I guess next time I use the group
> first!
>
>  thanks again
>  Rick Hayes >>

///