Cooling and starting a 74

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Cooling and starting a 74
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 04:57:27
Okay guys, I had a weird experience the past couple days with ole 618.
Yesterday, on a short run, it started overheating -- I have rebuilt all the
cooling system about 2,000 miles ago.  So I get it home just as it hits 250.
  Today I thought I should check the water and, yep, it was one quart down.
Put that in and now it is back to a steady 180. Hard for me to believe that
a quart could ever make that kind of difference.  So, is there something
weird about the temp sensor, the flow of the coolant, or something else that
would explain that?

The next big problem came today.  Driving around and made a couple of stops
-- finally stopped at the Laundromat.  Car would not start after that -- no
spark, no electricity at the points as best as I could tell. Went back
tonight and the car started up. Coil primary circuit?  Any ideas on that
one? Thanks, Kim.