Rick: alternator, ammeter, and the Flux Capacitor.

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rick: alternator, ammeter, and the Flux Capacitor.
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:34:16 -0500
Hi Rick,
1) How can I ring out the F terminal on the regulator?  I know the A should
read the same as the battery voltage or it will cause the alt to charge.

2) The diode you mention is recommended by MSD to prevent run on, so that's
great troubleshooting on your part.   I'll get the heaviest diode I can find
at radio shack since the guys who installed the box lost it.

3) But what I'm not clear on is that if the adjustable regulator is set to
voltage above the batt, i.e. >12.67, why wouldn't the regulator call for
more charge???.  I understand most regulators are normally set for about
13.5-14.7.

4) Not sure where the Alt "S" terminal leads to since I thought it went to
the Reg "I" terminal and an idiot light, since an ammeter is used, the 75 B
manual says the Stator on the alt does not to be connected.   Once again,
the guys who did much of the motor work had a lead hooked up, no telling if
they found one there originally.  The instructions with the reg only stated
if "I" terminal used, so I guess it's not necessary
I don't remember the brand off the top of my head, I'll have to check.  It
is electronic and has a small adjustable pot behind the cover.

5) The problem started after all the mods were done, i.e., box, distributor,
tach adapter, etc., so it's hard to determine the problem that way.  And
yes, it is a 75.

6) Rick, on the condenser, where did you wire it in the circuit?  I'm sure I
can find a generic radio filter/condenser at local auto supply.

7) I'll check the circuit on the ammeter to make sure it isn't grounded
somewhere or a loose connection since the panel has been off twice.

Thanks again Rick.   Hey, if you're ever in Miami. . .

stephan #2821