Re: Big XXV meet pictures & Western Region/California Bricklin Events

To: <Maycinc@cs.com>
Subject: Re: Big XXV meet pictures & Western Region/California Bricklin Events
From: "Kevin" <kevin_hand@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 22:49:25 -0700
Marvin,

I'm not sure where you are located, but I'm in Southern California (L.A.
area).  I was in Ypsilanti and enjoyed the meet.  I was also at Las Vegas
last year and was terribly disappointed at the lack of participation.  Even
though there were @35 cars in Ypsilanti, Terry tells me there are over 200
cars within a days driving distance of the Ypsilanti meet.  When put in
context, Ypsilanti, though a fun event, suffered from the same apathy that
we seem to be suffering from out here in the West.

I'm sure there are many reasons why people aren't attending with their cars
but if no one does anything to reverse this trend (poor attendance) the club
will die.  The California/Western Region is in serious trouble!  It is dying
a slow, agonizing death!

I want to change that!  I'm eagerly waiting for Terry to finish my car, he's
had it for over a year now, and finally, it is nearing completion.  I want
to enjoy my car with other owners...it is so much fun to see Bricklins
together, share stories, swap tips, and otherwise enjoy each others company!

I've been asked to assume the role of President of California Bricklin
Owners (CBO) by the CBO Board of Directors.  I've accepted that invitation
as well as taking on the role of Regional Director for BI here in
California.  I will be meeting with the CBO Board in a couple of weeks to
see what can be done about putting together a couple of events for this
year, though there is not enough time to get a regional meet together for
2000.  With the help of other Bricklin enthusiasts (you don't have to be an
owner!), I want to see this part of the country become more active with the
club(s).

Please give me a call or e-mail me so we can talk about the Western Region
and what you as an owner would like to see in regular meetings and Regional
meets.

For those that are reading this e-mail response to Marvin, I invite you to
e-mail me or call me with your comments/suggestions about what you would
like to see out of both clubs with regards to events in California, and the
Western Region as a whole.

I can generally be reached in the evenings from 7-10PM (Pacific Time) on
Monday through Friday and on the weekends.  I do travel for business fairly
regularly so I might not get back to you on the same day if you try to
contact me.  I will however, respond to everyone that does try to reach me.

I hope you'll take this opportunity to get in touch and share your
thoughts...I look forward to hearing from everyone that is interested in our
cars, and wants to see them stay on the roads!

Sincerely,

Kevin Hand, #462

909-597-7414