Re: Vinny: Doors

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vinny: Doors
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 11:34:18 -0400
Vinny,
>From what I've learned, mineral and corrosion deposits from moisture can be
the source of a few gremlins too.  With all the air discharged, you can
remove the solenoid plungers and spray some WD40 both in the main housing
and the plunger assembly (spring, seat, O ring, etc.) removing any deposits
and lubricating the assembly.   Do NOT over tighten when re-installing as
the O ring seal may fail.   I did this and it fixed a temperamental door so
the spare solenoid I purchased is still that, a spare.
Also, there is a lubricating hole on each main door air cylinder, so you can
add a FEW drop of light grade oil there too, or a quick spray  lube.  Don't
get carried away, or you'll have oily spray on the interior of your B when
the door closes.
Hope this helps,
stephan #2821