Carpet part deux

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carpet part deux
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 01:13:08 -0400
Well, thanks to another MB'er, Todd Rapp, I contacted Salesco about getting
carpet for the B.  What I'm looking for is carpet that resembles the
original.  Yea, I know it was some cheesy looking low closed nylon loop, but
hey, suedette vinyl seats aren't exactly haute auto couture either.   So,
Salesco very promptly sent me samples of the stuff for early circa cars
(though they have many styles) and it looks like a pretty close match.  The
real kicker besides being 100% nylon is that it is bonded to a clear heavy
plastic backing.  Hell, it seems the next best thing to astro turf for less
than "dry" environments.

Salesco presently only has the pattern for the front but can sell extra
carpet for the rear deck.  However, they said they were interested in
getting a B owner to bring their car around to their carpet guy who promised
he could make a complete pattern.

Now, I know both TT and Bob H also offer carpeting, and if you're not
interested in the stock look, theirs is a much better quality. I would love
to hear from anyone who has at least one inch of the original stuff that is
not color faded so I could perform a closer match.  Or, if you have the
stuff in your car, and prefer, I'll contact the outfit and get the samples
sent out to you.

According to Todd, the fit of the salesco pattern is very good.

Stephan  #2821