Air Door Ram Leak

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Air Door Ram Leak
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 10:59:39 EST
Good news!  Old 1343 is flapping it's wings again, I finally hung the doors.
And, no leaks!!  It's been over a week now and there's still pressure in the
system. The bad news is that one of the door rams has a slow internal leak (I
can hear the air coming out of the top hole).  Before I installed them, I
filled them with trans fluid and let them sit (T.Tanner's suggestion) but
apparently one was too far gone.  Anyway,  what I'm thinking is to run an air
line from the top fitting to the control box and put a valve on the end.
That way, if I want to keep the door open, I can simply close the valve.
Will this work?

BTW, I'm putting together a wiring diagram for the air doors.  If I get time,
I'll write it up as a tech tip for the Brickline.

Marvin