seats

To: Bricklin list <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: seats
From: Todd Rapp <rappman@marz.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 23:45:20 -0600
I have just replaced the old worn out original seats.  After a month of
research  I Decided on The Trailmax Pro  by BestTop.  I ordered them
>From  a JCWhitney
Jeep Catalogue(item # 07JK1802A) for a sale price of $239 each (reg.
price $259).  The Look fantastic and match the original vinyl very
well.  I chose the Spice color in Vinyl and Cloth.  They mount perfectly
on the original hardware without modification of any kind and no
drilling any new holes in the floorpan..  They have great back and side
support with reclining back and adjustable headrest.  They also have a
mesh net behind the seat for additional precious storage.  All of these
things are great, but an additional bonus is the embroidered "B"logo  in
brown(for BestTop) or in our case Bricklin.  They do have a custom
appeal at a reasonable price.  WWW.salesco.com also has Bricklin
carpeting kits for $249 (any color) the caramel color matches the above
seats and lower dashboard perfectly.The kits do not include the
hatchback area, but you can order the same carpeting by the yard as
well.  The molded carpet fit well and is easy to install with 3M General
purpose  or heavy duty spray adhesive(Walmart $6.99 per can 4 can did
the whole car). The kit also includes an insulation padding for the
complete front Floorpan and behind the seats for heat and noise.  You
can restore the main part of the interior for about $800.  NOT BAD!!!!
Salesco said to allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.  The Manufacturer of the
carpeting kit kept saying they had no listing, but Alvina, the salesco
rep assured by that her catalogue did.  After 8 weeks of waiting and
good old fashion but chewing to the manufacturer my carpeting arrived.
Salesco did not charge me for the carpeting for my trouble and told me
to relay to other owners that they do indeed have the kits and the
manufacturer has the correct templates.  Just ask for Alvina she'll
definately remember the Bricklin.

Hope this helps
Todd Rapp