Re: Questions from a Bricklin neophyte

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Questions from a Bricklin neophyte
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:45:15 EST

> * How feasible is it to convert this car to a nice electronic fuel
> injection system?

I think this would be more work and expense than it is worth. The Autocraft
carb is not very good, but a Holley 650 will give you good performance and is a
much easier upgrade than fuel injection would be.

> * What are the options for upgrading the ignition system?

Since you have a '75, you already have a good electronic ignition system. I
doubt you will gain a lot with another ignition system.

> * The headlights on this car are stuck in the "up" position. How
> difficult is that to rectify? (My father has a 1970 Corvette. Same
> problem.)

Have you joined the club? The back issues have some good articles on
troubleshooting and repairing the headlights. Parts are still available.

> * Is there a basic set of modifications I should be aware of for this
> vehicle? If so, where is a good place to find a list (assuming one
> exists)?

A couple of issues ago in the Brickline, Terry Tanner listed about 10 things
that should be done to upgrade a Bricklin. I don't have the issue here, but a
few things I remember are: add a brace to the front shock towers, replace the
carb, and air doors.

Scott Isensee