Re: Forward of Electrical question

To: bobworld@earthlink.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Forward of Electrical question
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 15:42:20 PST
I idiotically raised my center console too high while attempting to start
>an insulation/carpet project and disconnected EVERY wire from the door and
>lockout switches...anyone have a diagram or can talk me through it???
>Thanx in advance for any help I receive
>Bob Miller
>bobworld@earthlink.net

Don't worry about it -- you need to take the console out to do the carpet
anyway.  As to the wires, I don't have my little diagram handy but it should
be easy.  First, if you have air doors, half of the wires aren't used.  Just
connect the two unconnected single wires together or through the lock
switch.

For the up-down switches, of course, there is a common that should be hot
when the lock switch is unlocked (made).  You can find the common by using a
voltmeter and reading to ground.  Then hook that to the middle of a switch
and hook the other two wires in that bundle on either side and see if the
door goes up and down with the switch.  If backwards, just reverse those
wires.  Do the same for the other side. All this should take about 10
minutes so it's not a big deal at all. By the way, I wrote an article on
installing carpets for the Brickline that might tell you what to expect with
that job. Kim