RE: Main lift air cyls.

To: "'John T. Blair'" <jblair@exis.net>,
Subject: RE: Main lift air cyls.
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 08:37:25 -0500
John,
   I have purchased a 2 pairs of cylinders for #23 and #1080.
   I purchased them from Norgren. (I think that they were about $80 for the
2''X12''. Give this a shot -      http://www.usa.norgren.com/
   They are 2'' in diameter and look to be of much better quality than the
original.  I got the part number from John Rowe (Canada) because he had them on
his car and claimed that they would work perfectly on 80 psi.  - This would make
sense because the difference in surface area of the piston would be almost
double of that of a 1.5'' cylinder.
   We have not yet installed them on our cars because some modifications have to
be done to the mounts on the floor to get the 12'' long cylinders to fit
correctly.  Also the clevis pin for the top is not the same as the original and
needs to be modified.
  So...If you want completely original - then they are not for you.  If you want
something that will work better then I think that it is the way to
go.....although I can't back this completely yet.

                                                        Jamie