Progress

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Progress
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 15:18:24 -0500
For what it's worth, I've had a pretty productive Thanksgiving when it comes
to the Brick (887).  With the help of my dad, I've managed to finish getting
the reinforcement plates on the floor pans, and the floor pans back on the
body.

Yesterday, we got the firewall back on the birdcage and finished the remaining
little welding I had to do.  But we had to clean about 15 boxes of various
car parts from an assortment of cars, a rear end, gas tank, not to mention
some of the tools out from under the chassis.

Today, I managed to move the remaining junk out of the garage so we could
roll
the chassis out and turn it around.  This was no small feat, as I had to move
6 cars - of which 4 were non starters, and 1 with stuck brakes.  After the
chassis was in the driveway and truned around, we washed it to get all the
dust and dirt off.  Then the engine hoist was assembled and attached to the
birdcage so we could rasie it high enough to get the chassis under it.
Finally we set the body back on the chassis.

Unfortunately, it is not perminately mounted, as the front triangular
reinforcements, on the top of the chassis behind the fender wells, were made
a little too big.  I now have to grind them down some.  I also managed to
find all of the body cushions, the large washers I had to fabricate, but
I could only find 1 of the standoffs.  So I have to make new ones of them.

Anyway, we have seen some major forward progress.  Now only a little back
stepping and maybe new fuel and brake lines, and we'll be ready to bolt
the birdcage on the chassis.

And one last thing.  I got one hell-of-a sunburn!  If you going to be welding
for more than a minute, besure NOT wear shorts and a short sleve shirt.

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org