Seam putty / insulation

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Seam putty / insulation
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 00:27:44 EDT
Well, I got the holes in the bottom of the plenum chamber patched and am
getting ready to put the dash back in.  Before I can do this I need to finish
a couple of things.
1. What type of "putty" is used to seal the seams between the top of the
firewall and the plenum chamber on the inside?
2. Where  can I get the 1/4 in. thick foam sheets that go around the
evaporator box and the ducting?  I've check auto parts stores and a/c shops
but no luck.

Also, I used 6 in. wide aluminum tape to fashion a duct to take care of the
mis-alignment of the heater/evaporator boxes.  It's sold in auto parts stores
as a body patch and has a self adhesive backing.  It works fine and once
stuck in place, it doesn't come off very easy (the package says it withstands
250 degrees).

Marvin May
Restoring #1343