Bricklin International a useless site.......

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bricklin International a useless site.......
From: "Sheldon Chervin" <schervin@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 19:03:18 -0400
To the millions of internet users Bricklin International is a useless
site......but to the Bricklin owner and enthusiast it is the cement that
holds our small community together:
I'm a firm believer in the internet as a tool for the free exchange of
information that is of a global nature: By that I mean information that is
not proprietary  and or benifits the general public: I'm proud to be a new
member of the Bricklin International Club: After viewing the site and
accessing the mailing list it was obvious to me that I really didn't have to
join the club to access a very detailed data base of information as well as
interact with the members: This, as John Blair  pointed out to me, gives
rise to the possibility if not probability that the BI site and club could
eventually  cease to exist due to a lack of financial support: : I would
like to propose that specific area's of the site be for "Member's Only":
Area's such as the Technical Archive are valuable to both the members and
visitors: However by making the Technical Area's only available to members
it would encourage visitors with Bricklins to Join the Club and keep this
site viable into the next millenium:Most of the Site could still be an open
to all site especially the classified section which helps members sell
Bricks or parts and "new buyers " find their  dream car:  As I see it the
site could be informative to the visitor and at the same time be used to
encourage new membership; which in turn assures the longevity of the club:
Obviously a few hundred of us have paid our dues  and  joined the club; but
unfortunately the design of the site has made it possible for hundreds of
other owners to use the site absolutely free putting us all at risk of
losing this invaluable asset; we need more members and the only opportunity
to get more members is to make the site partially "Members Only" :
Information about Bricklins is  not easily had;With that in mind we
shouldn't give a way the store: So let me sum up by saying  "There are
millions of internet users who have no interest in BI but to the handfull of
Bricklin owners and other interested parties who do; it's a very very
important web site and one worth supporting:  These opinion's are strictly
my own and do not represent other members or staff of Bricklin
International: