Restoration of Vin#762

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Restoration of Vin#762
From: "Sheldon Chervin" <schervin@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:54:42 -0400
Vin #762 a 1974 Factory Stick Shift is now under restoration....! This car
was saved from a long slow death in the Gulf Area of Alabama; where it sat
for many years with the windows down: The interior is totally shot
 fortunately and I can't explain it the Guages and dashboard are in
excellent condition): As I type away the car is drying out with the help of
a de-humidifier: The seats will need replacing and from what I can tell the
seat mechanisms are frozen and I think I will have to remove them via
unbolting the bolts thru the floor: Seats will be needed and if there are
any aftermarket seats that will work Please let me know: Any advice on
carpeting greatly appreciated; any special prep for the fiberglass
floors.....? I also will be needing a gas tank......! The Most obvious
rusted out area is the metal crossmember just below the windshield  where
the wiper arms attach.  I also noticed that there was some serious rust  on
the underside where the seats appear to bolt thru:( The Body is in very good
condition with no spider webbing or cracks):Could use all new gaskets all
around:  The rear hatch will need new hinges and possibly a new hatch since
the PO used force to open it and broke off the hatch framework): And of
course the Doors.. what are the options for getting them working ( I haven't
really inspected them yet but I expect the usual problems:They open and
close manually with no problems: Will need to do a bit of rebonding of the
skins on the doors at top: What is the recommended proceedure and
materials....? I'm competent with fiberglassing; welding and general
mechanics and have a great work space and a good assortment of tools....so,
I'm ready to go and bring this future beauty back to life:  All coments and
suggestions greatly appreciated.......Vin# 762 Will Rise Again.....: My
Application to the Bricklin International has been mailed........!!! Thanks
again to everyone taking time to help put  #762 back on the road...!!!!