Re: Air conditioning replacement?

To: "Fedeli, Joe" <paa5072@exmail.dscp.dla.mil>,
Subject: Re: Air conditioning replacement?
From: "George J. Malaska" <bricklingeorge@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 23:11:01 -0400
  Good question Joe. The rules were written before the tree huggers deceided
that R-12 is the cause of our woes. Terry Tanner talked about having to
update the rules to take these kind of things into account. The present
rules were written in 1983 and while they may be good for purists, they may
need to be rethought to reflect necessary concessions. It may be that we
need to split the classes to judge totally original cars and drivers. I
believe that something of that sort should be done. I don't think that it is
fair to penalize either one. The purists should be rewarded for keeping the
cars as produced and the guys that want to have dependable drivers with
updates should be also rewarded for keeping theirs running and in view of
the public.
  George.

George J. Malaska, VIN#768,#1548.
Membership Director, Bricklin International
Elkhart, IN. 219-875-1270
bricklingeorge@msn.com.