Re: aluminum parts

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: aluminum parts
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 21:33:55 EDT
I saw a nice set of aluminium ones, I think they were on Dan Heikinin's
yellow car.  They looked like they would be fairly easy for anyone to
fabricate with basic sheet metal skill (obviously the more skill, the better
they will look).  Terry Tanner announced his new reproductions at the meet in
July and brought a sample.  They are equivalent in appearance to the
originals and should be a less fragile; the plastic material has a tough
nylon-like feel to it and can be readily flexed.
The meet was a lot of fun and a wealth of information and ideas from the
vendors as well as individuals.  They are worth the trip to go to.

George Curley