RE: Searching for Ford blue distributor cap

To: "Bricklin List Server (E-mail)" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Searching for Ford blue distributor cap
From: Michael Mitchell <MICHAELM@bcgsys.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 05:51:13 -0400
Next time you're in NAPA ... just try! I started one day without a care
attempting to get a blue cap. Didn't dream it would be a problem. Started at
NAPA (they even let me in the store room to open the boxes myself). By the
way, the NAPA guy was the only one I didn't have to explain WHY the cap had
to be blue ... Then I went to the oldest parts store in town (the guy was a
butthead, but he did try). I even (gasp) checked at a Ford dealership! (They
looked at me like I had two heads told me that the caps haven't been blue
for about 5 - 6 yr.) Final stop was a junk yard. He didn't even try to
assist - guess there's not a whole lot of markup in distributors caps ;).

I'll let all know what I find, when I find it. (I'm waiting on a catalog
from 'Mustangs Unlimited'.) Next time you hit the parts store ... go ahead
and ask for yourself. If they have 'em, get two and put'em on the shelf --
then let me know!!

Good Cruising!