RE: Interior Upgrades In Progress...

To: "'kewl-sv1@juno.com'" <kewl-sv1@juno.com>, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Interior Upgrades In Progress...
From: Phil Martin <pmartin@isgtec.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 19:44:14 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: kewl-sv1@juno.com [mailto:kewl-sv1@juno.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 1995 2:25 PM
To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Interior Upgrades In Progress...

The FAQ says an AOD trannie can bolt into a '75 to replace the FMX.
Exactly what Mustang year models qualify here?  The body style
drastically changed in'93, and I've never seen a 5.0 mustang later than
1992.
================
The 5.0 was actually used in Mustangs until at least the '94 model year,
possibly even in '95 or later too before it was completely replaced by the
4.6.  In any case, the AOD tranny you want would be an earlier piece, I
imagine.

================
I'm thinking that if an AOD fits, maybe a manual trannie from the same
year would work too.
Anybody try this?
================

I looked into it before deciding to ditch the 351.  It shouldn't be too
tough - the main thing is getting the right flywheel and clutch setup.  I
believe what you're after is a '79 or later Ford Pickup flywheel & starter,
along with the Mustang's T-5 tranny and clutch.  If you call Ford Motorsport
tech support, they'll be able to tell you all about it:

        1-810-468-1356

Hope this helps,
--
Phil Martin                             pmartin@surgnav.com
"I'm a Charger, charging through the night,