Fw: Bricklin weight (roll cage)

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Bricklin weight (roll cage)
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 02:26:44 -0400
If the goal is just the passenger compartment, then reinforcing the
birdcage, replacing the isolating donuts with metal plates, and welding the
cage to the frame would be sufficient.

His is part of a tube perimeter frame to stiffen the entire chassis.

BTW, the standard birdcage withstood an impromptu 80+mph rollover in testing
without major injuries, so it's pretty rigid with glass, etc., as is.

GM