Warning! Beware of Bricklin door "wedgie" !

To: "'Bricklin'" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Warning! Beware of Bricklin door "wedgie" !
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:16:16 -0500
   I remember hearing that someone had purchased a Hadley Air Pump from JC
Whitney and I was wondering how well it was working?  After talking to Terry
Tanner yesterday I question the ability of the pump.  I already own one myself
but have yet to install it. If the hadley pump works well then i may use it or
if it does not then i have to try to return it to JC Whitney.  (BTW - does
anyone know how well JCW takes parts back??)
   I also seem to remember someone adding Mustang style aftermarket shorty
headers to a '75 bricklin.  Can you please tell me what brand of header you
used, what style (1 1/2 or 1 5/8), equal length or not, and any modifications
that were required to fit it to the brick.  Did it mate to the existing exhaust
or was some modification done there too.  Any help would be appreciated.
   Did anyone have any luck finding an electric door solenoid that could be used
inside the doors?
   And finally, what switches were the best replacement switches for the
interior/exterior door control whitches?
   Anyone thought of putting a 4 spd auto into a 74.  I know that the Ford AOD
fits into the 75's without too much trouble.  Noone seems to have tried to fit
the 4spd auto into the 74 with the 360.  I have considered trying to find a
trans out of a dodge dakota (but heard that the 360 block is not the same).  I
have also heard that Advance adapters makes an adapter to mate a AMC 360 to a
late model GM trans (th700r4). Any experiance.  If not I guess that I will have
to let everyone know how the search for a 4spd auto for a 74 goes.....
   Thanks in advance.

                                                        Jamie