Fw: Carb Questions for '75

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Carb Questions for '75
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:35:20 -0400

>1758, according to my mechanic, needs a carb rebuild.  No time for
that..gotta
>just buy a rebuilt one and trade in the old one.  Since I didn't
have the X-
>ref handy, I asked for pricing on a 2bbl carb for a 1975 Grenada
with the Ford
>351W as the engine.  The parts store listed Holley and one other
manufacturer
>I can't remember.
>Do '75 cars have carbs that use an electric choke or not?
==========
'75s use a Motorcraft 2bbl with electric choke.
==========
>How can I be sure the new carb will work before I buy it, since1758
is my only
>driveable car?
The Motorcraft is about the worst carb imaginable. I installed a
Holly 0-4412 2bbl with separate electric choke kit 85R-5175 (you
have to assemble) on mine many years ago. It's ~direct replacement
with much better driveablity and slightly better fuel economy and
power. I would think they would be still available relatively cheap
through speed shops / mail order.

GM