Re[2]: MSD distributer

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: MSD distributer
From: Parkman Kenneth <Kenneth.Parkman@pwc.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 12:46:33 -0400
> How direct of a replacement is this distributor? Is it fairly
straight forward
> or is there a lot of mods to be done? Pugs

The AMC motorcraft distributor is a direct drop-in to an AMC engine
with no modifications as it was original equipment on 78 up V8
AMC/Jeeps. Note that this is a distributor made by Motorcraft (Ford)
for AMC and not one from a Ford. The dificulty in installing it is in
the wiring as you have to include the internal wiring harness resistor.
It's not that difficult (I've done it), it just takes some time and
some reference wiring information to figure it out. The MSD distrbutor
I'm not familiar with, my MSD catolog doesn't list one. The Mallory
Unilite that I've seen did not come with the shaft drilled for a drive
gear, but other than that is a drop in to the engine.

Ken