Re: Air compressors

To: jblair@exis.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net, wingracer@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: Air compressors
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 21:17:29 PDT
Too expensive and too little of performance for my tastes. My regulator
has to be set at around 90 psi to get the doors up. I think that I would
opt for the J.C. Whitcey (Hadley) one for $139.00. I have one but have
not needed to install it yet because my Monroe one is still working and
I figure I may as well wear it out. But the Monroe that I have goes over
100 psi because the cutoff switch I use is the Hadley one (same as the
Tanner compressor) and it cuts at between 125-150. Lastly, since I only
run my car twice a week, I installed a needle valve that isolates the
air storage tank. It cost a whopping 5.95 at Ace Hardware and takes the
load off the air panel and reduces the opportunity of leakage to a
minimum. Proud to say, though, that if I isolate and do not release the
trapped air on the control panel, even with the relatively tiny volume
it still only drops to about 60 psi after five days. The storage tank,
of course, stays at 130 or so because there are only two places to leak,
at the tank or at the needle valve. By the way, I put the valve inside
the control panel box -- it is easy to get to through the hatch. On last
thing, what kind of hubs do these cars with original wheels have?  Kim