Re: Vacuum Air Pump not working

To: bricklin@autox.team.net, GodlyKrew@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vacuum Air Pump not working
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 17:25:43 PDT
Those vacuum pumps were made by Hadley Products, 2851 Prarie Street,
Grandville, Michigan 49418.  For that matter, so is the compressor in
J.C. Whitney.  When I spoke with Hadley they said that they were well
aware of the Bricklin application for their compressors.  They said that
they discontinued the vacuum units because the dies had grown weary and
there was not enough demand to make new ones.  They said that they still
rebuilt vac. compressors and will until they run out of parts.  As to
their electric compressor, they said that some Bricklin parts
distributors sell their compressors, H000852EC, but that it was not a
recommended ussage.  When I pressed the guy on this he said that the
compressors were designed for air horns and any other application was
not recommended.  He also said that he knew of lots of them in use on
Bricklins.  Their compressor is a two piece, separate motot and
compressor.  Both parts are replaceable.  It comes with a pressure
control switch that turns it on at 120 and off at 145 lbs or so.  It is
protected by a 15a fuse and costs 139.00.