Re: Brickline

To: Ppocdude <Ppocdude@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Brickline
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 18:13:45 -0400
At 12:25 AM 4/9/98 EDT, Ppocdude wrote:

>John Blair, I enjoyed the new Brickline, great articles and entertaining
>stories.

Thanks Mark.  It's always nice to get some positive feedback.  I've heard
from several people and everyone seem to have liked this issue.

>I could not help but notice that some very well known Bricklins are on
>the "Block"  as a new owner, should I worry???

No!  Unfortunately, many of the owner have several Bricks. and or many
other cars.  Some of the are getting older and so they are starting
to thin some of the posessions.  A few were purchased as investments
and I don't think the owners will reap the rewards they are expecting.
I do think that we will see a slight steady increase in the price of
the cars for many years to come.  This is mainly due to the fact that
many of the cars are being restored.  Consiquently, buyers will be
getting much better cars, but they will cost a little more.  I don't
think anyone is going to get rich off of them.

>I have put over 6,000 miles on vin #2303 since July of 1997.  I bought
>it in Las Vegas and since no one bothered to tell me.....

You said it!!!  "IGNORANCE IS BLISS!!!!."

>... Since the car was not cooled off I told him I would do so as
>soon as I got home.   Well on the way home through the "Grapevine" at
>about 85 MPH heading downhill of all things the %^%$#$ cap gave out.....

Well Mark, I don't think that is too much to worry about in a 20+ year
old car.  Last week we had a hot spell, 88+ deg F.  The rush hour traffic
was almost at a standstill, cars were breaking down all over the area
due to over heating.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V