Please, I need to find a glue -- and some other q's

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Please, I need to find a glue -- and some other q's
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 21:37:36 PDT
Hey guys (and gals),
It can't be a secret what glue to use for binding the door skins to the
shells.  I called 3m and got a huge lecture on the incongruity of having
a glue that holds yet can be easily removed.  I told the guy that I
never said it need be "easily" removed, but he kept on going into his
stock answer without giving me the information.  I plan on calling
locktite tomorrow, but I know that this must be well known.  I do know
that Tanner suggests the hyper-expensive German stuff, but is there a
more reasonable American substitute?

Also, I was told of an air compressor substitute for the car (supposedly
it is the same as Tanner sells) but before I can say where or what it
is, I need to know what the Tanner unit is like.  For instance, is it
rebuidable, are the motor and compressor more or less separate units
with a belt driving the comp?  I have ordered the substitute comp and
should have it within the week -- I will then report on its suitability.
By the way, in no way do I want to step on Tanner's or Hoffman's toes,
but if things are found that work well and are more affordable, then I
feel that the list should be informed.  Any comments on this?  I guess I
am asking whether you think it is better not to tell (although I have
two cars, I am new to the Bricklin fold and don't want to "dis" the
gurus who have made a living off them long before I came around).  Kim