Re: front end Alignment

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>, <pmartin@isgtec.com>
Subject: Re: front end Alignment
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:16:00 -0500
There are certain 'standard' alignments that work well with any given
suspension design geometry. This one is (was?) the preferred one for TransAm
and Boss 351 Mustangs when fitted with the then new 60 series tires. The
info was given to me by Gene White, the S.E. Firestone Racing Tire Program
Manager at the time. Yes,
(-) means negative camber or tilted in at the top. As far as aligning a
stocker, the adjustment is via the lower control arm by rotating a
concentric bushing. What I was talking about earlier is a complete redesign
to radically change camber (like -2, to 5 deg) and add  anti-dive. I don't
know what the max setting would be on a stocker, probably -1 deg or so. Any
more
than -1/2 deg would prematurely wear out the inside of the tire and reduce
straight line and under braking stability.

GM