ignition switch replacement?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: ignition switch replacement?
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 19:22:40 PST
It appears that I am going to have to switch the switch.  I jumped the
solenoid and whamo, the starter engaged.  So, does anyone have any hints
on r&r the ignition switch?  Also, is there anything else wired inline
on this circuit?  For instance, is there a fusible link, a fuse, or
anything else that may be the problem.  Oh, when I go to ground on one
of the small poles on the solenoid wire I get nothing and on the other I
get 7.5 v.  Hmmm, why is that?  Is it on the ballast resisted side (I am
a bit unsure exactly how this is wired or why, for that matter, there
are two small terminals on the solenoid).