Re: What does your Bricklin get called

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What does your Bricklin get called
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 13:48:48 -0400 (EDT)

<< My question is why does everyone assume it's a British marque?! >>

Most people I talk to think it is Italian. I think that makes sense because
folks know the Italians make exotic cars like Ferrari, Lamborghini, and
Maserati, but they are rare enough that few people know what one looks like.

The folks who think it is British probably are thinking of Lotus.

It is surprising that folks never mistake it for a 240Z. I understand that
was one of the inspirations for the Bricklin design and there is some
similarity in the general shape. I guess Zs are common enough that most
people know what they look like though.

At least our car Bricklins mostly get confused with with exotic and expensive
cars.

I get a little tired of the questions about manufacturer. It usually goes
something like this:

"What kind of car is that?"

"A 1975 Bricklin SV-1."

"Cool, who makes it?"

"Bricklin was the name of the company."

"But who owned Bricklin?"

Here I give them the story about Malcolm Bricklin and the company.

"You mean it isn't made by GM or Ferrari or something?"

"No, it was made by the Bricklin company!"

"Oh, then it must be a kit car."

"Grrr!"

Scott Isensee