engine compartment heating

To: Bricklin <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine compartment heating
From: philobandb@earthlink.net (Stephen J. Cramer)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 19:21:46 -0800
I was significantly able to lower the engine compartment temperature
10-15=B0(I actually own a thermocouple) by removing the exhaust mainfolds an=
wrapping them in one of the insulating strips marketed for that purpose.  I
went further and used the product to wrap the muffler as well--wrapping the
muffler reduced the heat transfer to the fuel tank.  Sounds like Hotlanta
is a lot closer than the Northeast to LA temps.  I never seem to be able to
drive in temps below 80=B0(ain't life awful) and bright sunshine.  ANd what
fun is it to cruise the beaches in a Brick in the dark--born for an
exhibitionist!!

Going for a drive---

Are the air dams I see on some Bricklins replacing the blackout panels a
custom job or is somebody out there selling them?