bmcu

Re: [Bmcu] wire wheel balancing

To: Jonathan Hermance <jhermance@earthfax.com>
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] wire wheel balancing
From: Robert Foye <robbfoye@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:21:37 -0600
Cc: "<bmcu@autox.team.net>" <bmcu@autox.team.net>

--047d7b3a9c2a633b0604e2d3a270

None of my cars have wire wheels but I think Gary's adapter kit idea would
be a good purchase and use of funds for the BMCU assuming it works on US
balancing machines.  I'm anxious to hear what the tire dealer thought.
I agree with Jon that a method of checkout/who had it last would be
necessary along with an official "custodian" of the record.

Then there's the issue of truing...

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Jonathan Hermance
<jhermance@earthfax.com>wrote:

> Gary,
>
> I have my hub with the back end machined down and a knock-off that has had
> the inside (undo and arrow) machined out on center. It cost me $20 in
> machining back when, and the hub needs another 1/2" or so removed to allow
> use on todays dynamic balancers. I never had a cone made up to fit a
> tapered hole in the back of the modified hub, but that would make this set
> up pretty idiot proof. This home built system has worked quite well for me
> until newer balancing machines got shorter shafts. So I am glad to offer up
> my system for further development: or to pitch in on the new system you are
> proposing; or to negotiate with the BMCU Committee to have the club buy it.
> Either way someone will likely need to keep track of the credit card number
> of who had it last once we get it.
>
> Jon

&#39;s adapter kit=A0idea=A0would be a good purchase and use of funds for t=
he BMCU assuming it works on US balancing machines.=A0 I&#39;m anxious to h=
ear what the tire dealer thought.</div>
cessary along with an official &quot;custodian&quot; of the record.</div><d=
ass=3D"gmail_extra">
an Hermance <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jhermance@earthfax.com"=
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc s=
olid;padding-left:1ex">
Gary,<br>
I have my hub with the back end machined down and a knock-off that has had =
the inside (undo and arrow) machined out on center. It cost me $20 in machi=
ning back when, and the hub needs another 1/2&quot; or so removed to allow =
use on todays dynamic balancers. I never had a cone made up to fit a tapere=
d hole in the back of the modified hub, but that would make this set up pre=
tty idiot proof. This home built system has worked quite well for me until =
newer balancing machines got shorter shafts. So I am glad to offer up my sy=
stem for further development: or to pitch in on the new system you are prop=
osing; or to negotiate with the BMCU Committee to have the club buy it. Eit=
her way someone will likely need to keep track of the credit card number of=
 who had it last once we get it.<br>

Jon<br>
----- Original Message -----<br>