bmcu

Re: [Bmcu] electrical gremlin help?

To: <craigbartholomew66@yahoo.com>, <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] electrical gremlin help?
From: "Floyd Inman" <floyd_inman@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 11:50:15 -0700
I once owned a 1958 MGB that had a similar problem. This, I believe, was the
first year Lucas tried to meet the California emission standards and
replaced the older mechanical distributor with an electronic distributor. In
their wisdom they mounted the electronics for the ignition on the inside
fender well, about three inches from the exhaust manifold. The heat from the
manifold would cause the electronics to fail, causing the same symptoms you
are describing.

Is your '60 the same?

Floyd Inman