bmcu

some advice needed

To: <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: some advice needed
From: "D Shirley" <dowshirey5499@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:53:16 -0700
Hello fellow BMCU'ers!

Spring is nearly here and the itch to get the MGs back on the road is almost
unbearable :-)  I'd like to thank everyone for the advice they provided last
year about getting the radiator in my '79 Midget cleaned out and ready to
use.  Intermountain Radiator did a great job, my midget runs cooler than
ever.  All I need to do now is get a new muffler put on and I'll be able to
get it to Bailey's for an inspection.

Two weeks ago, I stumbled across another interesting opportunity.  A gent in
west valley was selling a nicely running '74 RWA Midget.  He said that he
took it as payment from someone that owed him money and he was going to give
it to his daughter.  His daughter however didn't want an "old car" she
wanted a new Acura. (go figure).  Well, since I didn't have anything else to
do with my tax return, and it runs nicely...good oil pressure, good brakes,
tuned weber carb, oil cooler, I decided to take it off his hands.  Now I can
say that I own a REAL Midget, not a Spitfire LOL

Here's some pictures he sent me: http://www.geocites.com/raven_kind/74midget

The original handbook was still in the glove compartment.  It was sold on
May 8, 1974 in Omaha, Nebraska.  It's come along way.  For a car that's
nearly 31 years old, it's in pretty good shape.  As should be expected,
there are some issues that need to be dealt with soon.  The worst one I can
find is floor pan/kick plate under the pedals is in bad shape.  Look in
http://www.geocities.com/raven_kind/74midget/bad/ to see what I'm talking
about.  I'm sure someone out there has had to deal with a similar issue on
their britmobile.  Can anyone recommend a good body shop in SLC or Tooele,
OR is there anyone in the club that can put me in touch with some help
getting this cleaned up?  My welding experience is zero.  Unfortunately, I
was unable to attend the Tech event in Jan. about rust repair panels.

Thanks again for the help!

Dow Shirley