Re: surface

To: PAUL TIBBALS <pault151@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: surface
From: james creasy <jcreasy@perforce.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:05:11 -0800
my experience has been that actual rain is faster than semi-dry
conditions because even though there may be less grip, it is at least
consistent.  when it stops raining, the still water lifts the oil and
dirt to the surface.  a few patches of this and your tires have less
grip than if it is raining which rinses the dirt and oil down.  you cant
drive aggressively anywhere it because some invisible patch will put you
way off, not result in a small mistake you can correct like in true rain
or dry conditions.

my last piece of advice is: if you are going to be out of control
anyway, you might as well be going fast.

james
OSP - Ophiuchus Slaloms Puddles