the first shot is free..

To: "ba-autox@autox.team.net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: the first shot is free..
From: Anthony Tabacco <tony@atarchitects.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:55:29 -0800
..as any good drug dealer will tell you. I was just talking to Sherry
and it appears that only 10 people have signed up for this years drivers
school in early March. No clue why.

The Region Licensing School is the bargain of the century with something
like 8 hours of total track time up at Thunderhill over a 3 day period.
You will get a novice permit in this one weekend and then you only need
2 regionals in the next 2 years to have your Regional Competition ticket
(you could do it in a single double regional weekend this summer if you
want). The tuition is about $500, figure $700 for your personal safety
gear, and most race shops will only ding you about $1,200 for a fully
prepped and supported rental car delivered to the track. There are lots
of Spec Racer Fords, Formula vee, and Spec Miata's for rent.

Throw in three 49 buck hotel nights in Willows and some food and you're
out of there for less than $3k total. I know it seems like a lot of
money... but pretty soon, you won't care.

Whats the problem? Let me help you tie that arm off.

Tony