Staying for Atwater events

To: <aries_moon1974@yahoo.com>
Subject: Staying for Atwater events
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:34:40 -0700
I've stayed at the "Train motel" (Applegate) and it was not bad.  (See the
Club website at
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Sites/castle.html)

However, last time I went, I stayed at the Vagabond in Merced, 1215 R St.
It's got a Denny's next door, gas & convenience store across the street,
convenient on/off, room was fine, and for Tour I got the room through Expedia
for ~$41 a night plus tax.  It's a couple of exits past the Buhach exit (#193)
for the Atwater site, according to Caltrans it's exit 188 southbound for V & R
streets, you just parallel the freeway for another block or two to actually
get to R, Vagabond is very visible.

Unless they've repaved, there are big potholes on the East side of the motel.
The West side was nicely paved.

Paul T.