Re: Lower attendance in the fall and winter

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lower attendance in the fall and winter
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:13:07 GMT
It is a good thing that attendance drops in the fall and winter. The daylight
hours decrease by two hours between August and December. We lose another hour
from November until April due to going off daylight savings time.

It was unprecedented attendance in the slush and a scheduled November event at
GGF where we lose another hour due to do a 10:00am start time that prompted the
discussion leading to the decision to require SCCA memberships. It DID NOT
result in a sudden decline in attendance, but may have slowed down the growth
(we'll never know much).

It was last run groups running in the dark in spring that prompted us to reduce
the number of runs from four to three. That didn't result in a sudden decline
in attendance either but made it much easier to finish the events before dark
or site curfews.

I suspect if some of you keep hasseling the weathergoddess we might very well
see a sudden and dramatic drop in attendance.