Re: Chicago Boxes (was: Practice, Round #7, and Round #8)

To: gt40d@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Chicago Boxes (was: Practice, Round #7, and Round #8)
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:50:32 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/2005 8:39:50 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
gt40d@yahoo.com writes:

Did you  go
throught the slalom flat out?  How far did you get
before you  had to lift?  I'd like to know what that
slalom was like in the faster  cars...

Actually, when I was driving home and thinking about where I lost all the
time on the course, the slalom/box jumped out at me...I was driving flat into
the "box", braking fairly hard, and getting on the back of the last, inside
pointer cone...which was a mistake, I never even got close to any cones in the
section :-(

I think it could have been taken with a slight lift to transfer weight and  a
little patience to let it "open up", without sacrificing nearly as much
speed.  In other words, I don't think it was too tight, by any means, in a
higher
horsepower car. It looked like it was entirely flat in the narrower and lower
horsepower cars.

The whole course was very fun. A nice "road race" section to start and then
increasingly technical elements on the back half...something for everyone!

Mike Wood